You know those days where you realize something has changed, and now things will never be the same? Sunday was one of those days for us. A few things happened Sunday.
Number 1. Erika says "Hey baby" a lot when she's talking to Parker. This weekend Parker started saying "Hey Baba" to both of us. Of course after seeing that it made us smile and laugh, he is now saying it all the time. That was the first warning sign, and unfortunately the only cute one.
Number 2. I was getting a little frustrated Sunday with something that I was working on and said sh!t without even thinking about it. I immediately heard a very clear sh!t in reponse from Parker, who was standing behind me watching. Oh no. It's starting to sink in that he is getting very good at repeating things.
Number 3. Parker might have noticed me "scratching" my nose Sunday afternoon. I noticed that he was looking at me, and then he noticed that I noticed, and then he promptly jammed his finger up his nose. I realized my second mistake as soon as I made it. I giggled a little bit and told him not to do it. In baby language that must mean do it as much as you possibly can.
I said at the beginning that his "Hey Baba" was the only cute thing, but who am I kidding. Watching my son run around the living room with his finger up his nose, laughing hysterically, while Erika tries to make him stop is pretty darn cute.
So Sunday was the day. We can no longer say or do anything without first thinking about the consequences of Parker repeating it.
We haven't shared any photos in awhile, so here's an album. It's random pics from my phone and pictures that Parker's teacher sends us from daycare.
No comments:
Post a Comment