Where has the summer gone? I can't believe it's August already. I had to leave Parker and Bryan overnight a few weeks ago for the first time since Parker was born. Boy was that hard. I think it was good for all of us though. I had a girls weekend to celebrate a bachelorette party so Bryan and Parker had some quality father/son time. But after two nights away from them, I was definitely ready to come home!
We have been spending a lot of quality time by the pool and getting all the projects completed on the outside of the house so that hopefully come September/October the renovations on the inside can begin....keep your fingers crossed. Bryan has the retaining wall left to complete and then our duties outside should be done. It has been a long summer of improvements; I can only imagine what this winter will bring!
Last weekend we took off to Omaha to visit the Ream family. It was a blast. Parker and their daughter, Brylie, are only 2 weeks apart so it was a very exciting weekend for all. We went to Coco Keys, an indoor water park, on Saturday and then the Zoo on Sunday. The kids had a lot of fun playing together, but I think Bryan and Josh had more fun reuniting in their ridiculous PS3 games of football. I swear, will these boys ever grow up? I told Bryan that I wouldn't put it past him that these two will still be playing video games at the age of 80...I can see it now!
We would also like to introduce everyone to the newest member of the Hunt family. We went out and bought Parker a beta fish. We have named decided to name him Bob. The reason for that is that Parker is in this phase right now of "Baa-ing" at every moving creature and calling it/he/she "Bob". So we figured Bob would be easy for him to remember. The dog is Bob, the fish is Bob, heck Bryan and I are Bob sometimes to Parker :) We just thought a fish would be a lot easier to take care of then getting a new puppy or something else. Maybe next summer we will get Parker a puppy. One thing's for sure, he has taken a liking to Shyla. These two are inseperable right now. We had to board Shyla this past weekend and I really think Parker missed her because as soon as he saw her on Monday night, he was giving her kisses. He just couldn't get enough of her.
Bryan is running his first sprint triathalon this weekend. Parker and I will be there supporting him, so wish him luck! We are so proud of him, just kinda worried of the swimming event. Parker may need to let Bryan borrow his floaties :) It should be very entertaining!
No comments:
Post a Comment